Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Before Baby

I need to update some of what life was like waiting for this little guy to come. I had some pretty hard last 3 months to deal with. I had awful swelling in my feet. I could hardly go anywhere, stand, sit in one place long or walk without getting enormous feet and ankles. Despite all of the water drinking I was doing- 70 oz and more- I still felt horrible too. My blood pressure was still in the good ranges, but I am normally 90/50 about and it was getting into the 120-77 range. Which everyone thought looked great, but I could tell a difference because that is high for me. However, I tried to still go places when I could and still tried to enjoy the last little bits of pregnancy.

I took the girls to numerous parks to run and play and burn that energy. We even kept up with our homeschool park day friends as long as I could. After awhile the heat plus swelling made it impossible. We are excited to go again.
Happy Lindsey.



Emily the spider.


We took walks around the temple to get out as a family. The girls liked doing this, even though it was a cold night.


They are so fun!

Swollen me. Don't I look great?

I took them to an old historic farm with their homeschool group. The tour guide even pulled me aside and asked if I could go on because of the look of my horrible swollen feet. I told her it would be like that if I went to the grocery store so I was sticking with it. The girls wanted to milk the cow, but he wouldn't let it happen. We just watched him eat.


Petting the baby calves. This farm is state run now and unfortunately because of that they are very limited in resources. Their track record is that they have only had 1 calf survive to adulthood in 5 years. That means the odds for these calves are pretty slim. Poor things!


We went to the 4th of July breakfast at our church.



Shooting hoops hoping to bring on labor. No such luck. Just the on and off contractions I had been getting for weeks.

The 4th of July park fun. The kids got handed a bunch of tickets and went on several fun rides with their cousins.

My sister-in-law Lori and I who is due a month after me with her 4th, also a boy. Our last babies were born 2 weeks from each other.

2 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You actually do look *REALLY* good in those pictures! You're very photogenic and you look so skinny!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

:) I can't wait to have my baby...you give me hope. HA HA.

You looked great! :)