Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

For the holiday we had a barbeque with Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, cousins and friends. It was a lot of fun and really hot. I was constantly finding excuses to go inside my in-laws house just to stand under the swamp cooler.

There were so many yummy foods. I made a flag jello (red jello, whipped cream, strawberries in a stripe alternating with the white whipped cream and blueberries in the corner to make a flag, it turned out nicely), hamburgers, fruit, chips, veggies. And then Arch and Lori's good friends Launy and Reed brought 4 different ice cream flavors with all the fixins. Boy was that tasty! I totally ruined my goal of not eating junk this holiday.

Emily and Kara figured it was raining so Emily wore Kara's ladybug poncho until she got frying hot and the rain never fell.

Next it was sparkler and firework time!

5 comments:

Spring said...

I LOVE the ladybug poncho! Where can I get one for me?

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

What fun! Your fam is definitely an explosion in red/white/blue! That sounds like tons of fun. :)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Glad you had a GREAT 4th!

Sherri said...

What a fun day...love the pics!!

Jessica said...

Spring- not sure, it is my niece's so I am pretty sure her mom got it at a thrift store. She is the best thrift shopper on the planet and her kids always look like a million bucks.