Our house hunt has been on hold recently. We have gone over our budget and our numbers and realized that with our current income a house would be impossible. In fact moving any where even a little bit more expensive was going to be impossible, what with rising gas prices, etc. We have also been waiting since March for several promotions from Robert's job. Well, since they haven't come, we decided it was best for us to start looking for another job. Perhaps our answer to our prayers was that it was time to move on. And since we get kicked out of here in December we were worried that if it didn't happen soon we would try for an extension- which they don't always give once you are graduated- or we would find a lovely little shanty like this one:
You don't like it? I think it has a certain "charm" about it. Easy access to transportation right?
Last week Robert calls me from work to tell me that he got a promotion with a decent raise in his department. We were so happy and grateful to the Lord for this blessing. It would definitely help. An hour later Robert calls back and says that the promotion we have waited on forever in another department higher than his called and offered it to him! This is an even greater raise than the other one. We were happy with the first one and feel very blessed and humbled to be given the second. The department he is in now unfortunately can't let him go yet since he is one of their indispensable people, but the other department needs him too. So at this time he will need to stay for 1-3 months. We are really praying for 1 month, 2 at the most because the sooner we get to the other department the sooner we will be able to figure out if the house buying will be possible or we will need to find another place to rent for awhile longer. Then we just may be able to upgrade our home situation to something more like this middle house:
What? You don't see any difference?