Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cool Finds

Okay, I have to brag about all of the awesome finds I have made in the last little while. I am missing a couple, like the light that will go in the dining room once I get around to putting it up. And the bunk bed which is a LARGE project of sanding to get it like I want it. But here are the ones so far:


Picture in frame- either keep the picture or use the frame for one of my own pieces. Either way I like it, got it at a yard sale.
Regular Price
: $109
Actual Price: $15

Bathroom shelf that I just needed to spend $4 to get the hooks for the back. I got it at DI and just hung it in my bathroom today.
Regular Price: $70
Actual Price: $15

We needed a nice couch for our living room and didn't want to spend too much on it. This was a great find because my relatives work at the store and got me a friends and family discount on top of the sale. I love to thrift shop, but not with couches- this one is brand new AND cheap.
Regular Price: $400-450
Actual Price: $311

I found both of these at DI. Not sure what I am going to do with both of them, but here they are for now. The plate was $3 and the box was $2.

Both of these vases were $1 each and purchased at DI and they are now sitting on my shelf in my bathroom.

Love this modern vase, DI, $2.

Love this one too. Don't know where I will put it in the end, but its on the mantel right now. DI, $2.

Love this cool basket and it was also a DI find for $1.

This is a yard sale find that is hanging in my bathroom. The greens really go well with my shower curtain. It had a twin picture that I didn't think I wanted and now wish I had just because I like the frame and picture so much. Oh and it was $5.

There are 2 of these side tables in my bedroom, but the red just doesn't go so they will be a dark brown with baskets underneath, but for now they are being used as well. They were a DI find for $20 for both.

I have had a lot of fun searching around and seriously it does feel like a treasure hunt. Why have my house look like one store or like it came straight out of a catalog? It is so much cooler and more fun and not to mention economical to thrift. Yay for thrifting!

4 comments:

whitney said...

What fun finds, Jess! You always seem to find such fabulous used stuff. I'm a big fan of the (new) couch and modern vase, in particular.

Liz said...

Nice finds! I agree, it is so fun to go and find things on the hunt. I'm having a blast scouring the Goodwill, Salvation Army, and yard sales here for our new home too. :) I've been planning to post about my finds too once I take pictures of them.

And you can't beat the thrifty price either! :)

The Scherbel Family said...

You are such a great shopper! I particularly like the vases you found.

Bethany said...

Great job on the thrift shopping! Don't you love being in a place where you can actually decorate now?