Saturday, January 30, 2010

Place Value

Emily and I have been working on her understanding of place value for some time now. We brought her math with us to a friend's house and after working on a few questions it was clear yet again that this concept hasn't quite sunk in yet. It may be more time before it does. We are taking a little break for the time being. But here she is decorating her place value houses for the many times and using Legos to illustrate the numbers.

I let her decorate the houses so she could do something visual. My visual learner needs constant reminders in order to remember. Now what will I do with Lindsey, my kinesthetic learner when the time comes? That will be the real challenge! At least I understand the visual learner since I am one.

Flash is too bright Emily? Her cute friend Mary in the background having more fun playing with the Legos ON the thousands place.

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

I'm sure it'll hit it one day and she'll be like "this was hard?!?!"