Monday, April 21, 2008

Tired Moms


My sister Rachel blogged about her not so great day and I thought I would share mine and help her know she is not alone. We all have times like that. Today I feel like this woman:

I have been cleaning kids room, cooking, laundry, making name signs for the kids room, played outside with the kids for 5 hours, made picnic lunch, read story about the body WHILE cooking, vacuumed for the 3rd time today-stupid sand-, baths for kids AND grocery shopping at 8:00 pm. I am exhausted! Thankfully I have a great husband! HE bathed the kids and put them to bed AND when I came home from the store he was folding the laundry. Isn't he wonderful? Thankfully my house isn't as bad as it could be.

In honesty I have had worse days than today. At least my kids weren't as bad as their most awful days. There was no pants peeing today, Lindsey only had one poo accident, one scraped knee, three dirty outfits- mine included, two tired kids and one beat mommy. Two baths, soon to be added by my well deserved bubble bath with a book. Sometimes it really does amaze me at what we moms are able to do! How we are able to juggle everything? Be we working moms, stay-at-home-moms, student moms, public, private or homeschool moms, etc. We all work our tails off and I know there are days where I just want to recuperate and I feel like I didn't get hardly anything done on my list. But 95% of the time I surprise myself with how much I do and can get done in one given day. And that other moms are able to do and get done. I rarely meet a mom that I don't find to be a super mom in her own way. It really is, in my opinion, the hardest work there is.

All right, now that you have heard my fuzzy mommy moment. I am going to go and turn myself around with the wonderful, soaking, bubbliness of my bath.

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

{{hugs}}
As a juggler, I will give you my standard answer. You don't focus on everything at once. Focus on each throw and then let the catches take care of themselves. :o)

Now ask me how I keep everything in balance. ;o)

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Bubble baths are the key to happiness! :)