Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Tribute to Fathers


I wanted to do a tribute to the Fathers in my life. My dad is a good father. He loved and taught with humor and he worked really hard for his family. He has been very successful in his business endeavors and has always done really well in whatever he sets his mind too. He taught us the value of work, being honest workers and a job well done. He has a bark that is worse than his bite and he is a loving grandfather to my kids. He is not perfect and I always knew this, but he is my dad. Even through his imperfections, I know he loves me and I am grateful for him.


Robert is an amazing dad! I have never seen anyone love their children as much as he loves Emily and Lindsey. He is very involved in their lives. He comes home and scoops them up and loves them and plays with them. He talks to them and listens to them. When Emily had her ballet performance, which I will blog about once I can post pictures, he got teary eyed and had to leave the room. He said Emily melted his heart with her sweetness. The second we had our Emily he looked at me and said, "Let's do this again!" That is how much he has enjoyed being a father. He always said he would love it to hear his children call him Daddy. And they do! They run to him the second he gets home. He is their hero. And mine too.

4 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

What a great tribute!! It was fun getting together today, thanks for letting your house be the gathering place! :)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, happy Father'd Day to your special men!

Jeanette said...

What a sweet tribute! Your kids are adorable!

Lee said...

What a great picture of Kurt and a special tribute to him. I know he loves you VERY much, too. Loved all your pics and stuff.

Love, Aunt Lee