Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wild Cottontail R-r-r-rabbit


I was out last night late in my apartment court and suddenly heard rustling in the bushes. I was startled by the cutest little brown desert cottontail bunny rabbit. He or she was SO adorable. Fluffy and soft. I snuck up close and stared at it. He/she nestled into the grass, realizing I wasn't a threat and munched the grass. It's ears perked up when it heard another noise and off it ran and stopped. I followed it for about 10 minutes and then let it be. It was very cute and of course I would never have touched it. I don't really like wild bunny bites. It did look really soft and cuddly though. One of the great things about living here in the summer- yucky cinderblock apartment aside- is the nature that is right here. We even have the zoo right down the street. I love it! We get deer right in our "backyard" and cute little bunny rabbits. What more could one ask for then to be near the city, but up on the mountain enough to enjoy wild life?

2 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Savanna went nuts when she saw the bunny picture, "I LIKE THAT BUNNY! HE'S CUTE! HE'S SO CUTE!!!!"

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I am such a bunny person. :) And I love to happen on the path of a wild one from time to time. :)