Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life Reflections

Why is it in life that there really are ups and downs for everyone? Why when things seem to be going so well for Robert and I and we are close to buying a house, a miracle for us, why do other family members struggle so much? Health problems and financial struggles. We have had our share of both and are beyond grateful to be on the positive end of both problems. And we feel so helpless that those we love are having such a difficult time. My sister-in-law Lori is recovering from her second round of radiation and received some bad news today of another tumor that the treatment didn't kill. My other sister-in-law Jill has had a very difficult recovery from her brain surgery and my heart goes out to them! I wish I could do something more. My heart aches for them and their families. They are both amazing women who have such strength and power. They have both welcomed me in with open arms into the family and I am so grateful to them for that.

There are so many ups and downs in life and I have learned to be grateful every moment because no one ever knows what the next moment will bring. It sure doesn't help to complain about small petty things. I know that God allows trials into our lives and there must be opposition in all things. We don't always get the answers we want, but He is always there to carry our burdens and we just need to have complete faith in Him and submit to His will in all things. It is a lesson that isn't easy and I know I will struggle my whole life trying to learn and re-learn this concept. I am so thankful for the good years and the bad years and I wish I could make the bad years for my loved ones easier than they are. But there really are some things only He can do.

3 comments:

Maren said...

I like how you said we keep having to re-learn it. So true! Thank you.

The Staheli's said...

I needed to read this today. Thank you!

Munford Family said...

Thanks Jessica, I have been thinking about this myself.