Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh What Do You Do in the Winter Time...

... when all the world is cold, dead and grey? The cold weather has caused Emily to be as stir crazy as I am. We have played Barbies on and off. Sometimes I can't stand to play another day of Barbies and we find other things to do- like My Little Pony Memory. That is a LONG game! Or Uno or Candy Land. We have made lap books for homeschool. We read a LOT and we admit to watching more movies than normal. I mean hey we can only watch Wall-E, Night at the Museum and Curious George for a billion hours before we get sick of them right?

I have scrubbed a lot of dishes to keep myself busy and I have just about had it for that form of business. I have read books, painted and lets not forget the endless hours of house hunting during this cold depressing time. Actually the house stuff has taken a good chunk of our time and the kids would tell you the same. I can't even count the many houses we have walked through.

Emily and Lindsey play pretty well and fight just as well too. But there are definitely times when I just HAVE to play with them for the sanity of all. And other days where NOT playing helps my sanity. I had a friend help show me how to work my sewing machine I got for free from a friend and made two Barbie skirts for Emily. They are a little odd and you can tell they are my first pieces. I sewed on some snaps with them and for now, they are kind of fun.


4 comments:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the barbie clothes! I am so ready for spring. It has warmed up a little, even though it looks nasty outside, we've made it to almost 50* ;)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE the flowy maroon one, so fun!!! Did you make the shirt too??

Jessica said...

No, I didn't make the shirt. I need to make one, but haven't yet. And thanks. :P