Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008!


Happy New Year to all! We didn't do a whole lot for the holiday. We rented movies and spent the night in. Emily went to bed just like normal and Robert and I stayed up and even missed the countdown until we heard the commotion outside. It was good though, we stole a late kiss anyway. We really liked just hanging out. We had had a lot of craziness for awhile and I think we are okay to rest a bit. And poor Robert's job is in its busy season so last night he came home at 11:30. VERY late!

It's my birthday and I am going to revel in my feelings for a moment about the whole thing. I am 25. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? When did I get that old. I felt a lot younger until now. My whole life has been building for marriage and family and I have what I have always dreamed, now it seems like I need to live each day until what- I get old and DIE. No seriously. I still feel young, just mid twenties young-ish. Half way to 30, weird. Anyway, January 3rd is a very weird birthday to have. The holidays are over, half of everyone I know is sick- course more often than not I am one of them- and everyone is busy and depressed. Not a lot of people remember those of us who get stuck with the unfortunate birthdays. And if I am not sick, it is usually a blizzard during my birthday. Ugh.

On the other hand though, I like to celebrate my birthday because I am very happy that I was born. It just seems another reason to have a party- even though I never really do GET to party. I still like to care that I have a birthday. I just wish I had a summer birthday. I was always so envious of those who did have one. Course my poor baby is going to be like her mommy, but not quite as bad. January 23 isn't the greatest day either. If I could have chosen a better birthday for her, I would have. Oh, well. I always liked sharing my birthday with my sister Nicole, who's birthday is 5 days after mine. We had a lot of fun with it. I get pretty used to having to find an available day whenever my birthday roles around. A day where everyone is well, no one has crazy work schedules and it isn't snowing. Course sometimes I have to ignore the snow part or I will never do anything. So we will do most of our fun on Saturday and regardless of the fact that a giant snow storm is coming, we will try and get out because if we wait another week I will most likely be sick.

Happy Birthday to me anyway!

2 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Happy Birfday! And many wishes of no snow and zero illnesses with lots of presents and sugar. :)

Sherri said...

Happy birthday! The years do slip away quickly, don't they? I have found that raising children makes them slip away even quicker...just being so busy with them and their lives.
Happy birthday!