Monday, October 8, 2007

How we met


I thought I would give a little background about how we met each other. I saw Robert for the first time in my English class. I remember looking across the room and seeing this really handsome guy smiling and thinking how cute he was. I thought to myself that I could see myself married to a guy like that. I saw a picture in my mind of us walking arm in arm together and it made me a little nervous to be thinking that way. He looked much older than me and I thought that perhaps he was married, so I checked to see if there was a ring on his finger. Huh, no ring. :) I didn't actually meet him for another month.

The weekend after September 11th we went hiking with friends to watch the sunrise. Robert even brought his camera so we now have a picture of me the day we met. He remembers looking over at me and thinking that he didn't doubt he could marry me. He was drawn to talk to me and we became fast friends. We started dating and in fact our two very good friends started dating after we did also. They got engaged quicker and the day after their wedding, Robert proposed to me in a special place for both of us. We were married 3 1/2 months later and a few days after our one year anniversary we learned we were expecting our first child.

It has been a marvelous ride and we both can say we love one another more now than we ever could have imagined we could on our wedding day.

No comments: