Saturday, January 3, 2009

In Loving Memory of Granddad Willis


Today I turned 26 and this afternoon Robert's granddad passed away. He was struggling before Christmas and said that he was ready to go. We are so grateful he is no longer in pain. He supported and loved us so much and we have been grateful for the many, many things he has done for us. He left behind his dear wife Grandma Donna, and his two sons Jay and Russell. He was surrounded by his family who all told him how much they loved him. We remember all the good times we have had with him. Robert has many more memories of his granddad than I do, but all of his grandparents took me in as one of their own grandchildren when I came into the family. I haven't had opportunities to be with my own grandparents much, but Robert has had them for every major event in his life. I know how much he will miss him and we are sad to see him go. We love you Granddad!

4 comments:

Papa Paradigm said...

I was thinking about you today. Robert was saying that he would probably pass away on your Birthday. I hope you still had a special day of celebration.

Jeanette said...

I'm sorry for your loss :( Chris lost his grandma right before Thanksgiving, and as hard as it was we were so thankful that she is not suffering anymore. It's so hard to see the people that we love suffer :(

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Happy birthday and I am sorry for your loss.

Lori said...

Jessica, Happy Birthday sweet daughter. I am hoping your day was nice. I am also so sorry for you and Robert and his whole family and their loss. You and Robert mentioned Granddad so often with such love. I know he will be missed!